India's first plastic-free backpack as it uses no polyester, no plastic chains, is animal cruelty-free and vegan.Our Flagship Rolltop backpack (named after endangered species Pangolin) is made of canvas & not polyester. The Pangolin Backpack is a super versatile backpack that you can use to carry everything you need daily and then unroll it, use all the little details and pack your gear and take it to trips and hikes. It has been designed to be the only backpack that you will need in your life.
20-27 litres, it fits your daily carry essentials with a dedicated laptop section and a separate section for shoes/lunch boxes/gym clothes. It is an anti-theft style backpack with 180 openings at the back to make access easier. When unrolled, it quickly transforms into a rucksack with space for your double down jackets with space for camera stands, hanging your cap/mug, storing your sunglasses, and tying your sleeping bags below.
Our bags are made of sustainable fabrics, in this case, waxed canvas which is a water-resistant natural fabric used in military bags for centuries now. They are handcrafted in Kolkata by experienced artisans. We plant 5 trees per product bought from us to help restore the planet together.
Colour: Olive Green & Charcoal Black (Images of bags of other colors are for information & representation)
- Made with Water Resistant Sustainable Fabrics and Cotton interlinings
- Fits up to 16' laptop in a dedicated section
- Dedicated Shoe Section
- Tripod Stand Pocket & Adjuster
- Rolltop Backpack
- Quick Access Sleek Front Pocket
- Theft Free Back Pocket
- Key Clip
- Inner Zipped Pocket
- Hooks & Mounts for extra gear such as sleeping bag, caps
- Trolley Strap, Sunglasses loop, Easy card access on the strap
- Rolled: 45 cm x 30 cm x 15 cm
- Unrolled : 60 cm x 30 cm x 15cm
- 20 to 27-liter capacity with additional laptop & tablet section
- Weight 800 gms
- The Only Backpack you would need: We designed the Pangolin Backpack to be the only backpack you ever need. So, we added thoughtful pockets and organizers to keep your daily essentials organized even if you are the laziest person. A rolling top, hooks, and mounts have been well planned to transform this into a travel rucksack for extra gear.
- An eye for detail: A product becomes wow from average when attention is given to details. We have thought about all our pain points of carrying and have added key hooks, sunglasses loop, easy access card slots, and such tiny but massively helpful details
- Divide and Conquer: Compartments are neatly organized. A separate section to keep your shoes/gym clothes/lunch box so that it remains separated from your important devices and documents.
What We Stand For:
- Slow Fashion: This Backpack is made up of sturdy, water-resistant canvas, best quality metal fittings, and premium YKK chains and pullers. It will stay strong for years with you.
- Better for you, Better for the planet: Being stylish, hyper-functional, and sustainable, it is a great choice for you while being made of sustainable material, it is great for the planet too
- Plant 5 trees: We plant 5 trees every time you buy something from us. It is our way to restore the beautiful planet we live in.
- Made in India: We manufacture in India thereby creating employment opportunities for artisans, craftsmen, and staff here
- Zero Waste Shipping: We ship your Clan Earth bags in zero waste up-cycled packaging boxes to you free of cost in 3-4 days
- Models of Clan Earth: Models for our bags are young adults from financially backward communities. We try to imbibe confidence in them & help them with their college fees
Manufactured and Packed by Clan Earth in Kolkata, India.
Most orders are delivered within 5-7 business days, unless on preorders or made-to-order items. Monday to Friday are considered as business days except for public holidays. For more details please refer to the Shipping policy.
You will receive a shipment confirmation email once your order has shipped containing your tracking number(s). You can also track your order from here.
Exchange or Refund will not be made against a non-returnable item unless there is a quality issue, defect or is different from its description. For more details please refer to the return policy.
We plant trees with proceeds from your order
Pangolin Rolltop Backpack - Daily Carry and Travel 15.6 inch Laptop Backpack
Ethically made, thoughtfully designed and sturdy. This is a great bag for people who need that extra space to be able to have your world on the go. The pockets are incredibly functional, made with overnight stays and trips in mind; it has none of the accessibility problems typical jholas and other large bags have, with zippers for ease of access, and its made with materials that won’t damage the environment for years to come. Its ideal for transitioning from work to travel. Haven’t had a chance to test the waterproof-ness yet, but thats another great thing to have.
As a consultant, reviewer, and backer of specialty bags (including the likes of Pakt, Wayks Berlin, Arcido and Stubble and Co), I have always wondered why home-grown Indian brands have not been upping their game even while many of today's leading international brands have their products made in Vietnam and India.
Clan Earth is one of the most promising brands I have seen, and I celebrate their spirit!
The design of the bag is a standard Roll-top / Clamshell found on many other brands (Aevor, Wayks, etc.) Material and stitches are sturdy and of high quality. Local artisans being supported is awesome.
Unfortunately, the following aspects failed to draw what could've easily been at least a 4-star review .
1) The lack of a sternum strap or hip straps makes it ergonomically dysfunctional for the kind of long-term, one-bag travel sector it aims to cater to. When filled to the brim, it is impossible to carry this bag for longer stretches without sacrificing good posture. The straps, while generous in breadth, are too close to each other as well, resulting in excess pressure on the back of the neck.
2) Customer Support is non-existent. Very disappointing. Despite multiple inquiries over two weeks, I have had no replies. If I wanted to support a non-communicative brand, I'd shop at a mall for generic brands.
3) I could not confirm if the zippers were YKK as claimed. There are no emblems. They seem to be high quality though.
Additionally, the separate shoe compartment, while a great idea does not include odor-proof material on the inside and also eats up overall space (as opposed to an external compartment.
As brilliant an effort this is, the above points are no-go's for serious bag lovers. I sincerely wish these folks all the best though. Admirable effort. Especially the Eco-friendly aspect to it.
We recognize the sternum strap issues. It's difficult to make them using eco-friendly parts which is the reason behind why we haven't been able to do that. We had to sacrifice one for the other to begin with. But we continue to look at feasible solutions to make our product better and keep it eco. We would have to either use plastic parts or get light weight metal parts which aren't available in India.
We would love to solve those issues but it's not feasible yet with the options we have in hand.
The Zippers are YKK. The emblem is on the side of the zipper.
We really appreciate such detailed feedback and look forward to them because they help us improve and would continue to look for solutions for the issues that have been raised and improve our products.
Our ImpactRead More →
Kgs of Plastic Saved
Kgs of CO² Offset / Year
Trees Planted in India
Jobs Created in Rural India
Funds Invested in Climate Action
Typically, orders are processed within 1-3 business days and you can expect delivery of the products within 5-7 business days of placing your order.
If the product is made-to-order, it might take more time to ship it out.
Please review our Shipping Policy here.
No, we currently only ship in India. Shipping costs will apply, and will be added at checkout.
We always aim for make sure our customers love our products, but if you do need to return an order, we’re happy to review your query. You can go through our returns policy here.
At Brown Living, we have a strict Plastic-Free Packaging and Shipping Policy.
We ship everything 100% Plastic-Free in an up-cycled or 100% post-consumer box with paper wrapping and a 100% natural water-activated paper tape that is made with paper & a plant-based starch glue. All of our shipping materials are 100% recyclable and compostable.
Save money when you buy in bulk! We offer discounts on bulk orders depending on the product and the total invoice amount.
To place your bulk request, please fill out this form or write to us here. Once we receive your request, you will soon receive a call/email from us with product pricing and an estimated shipping time.
Minimum value to be eligible for discounts is approximately INR 20,000. Discounts are available on total invoice value excluding shipping charges. Our team will work hard so that your order will arrive when and where you need it, so you don't miss important deadlines.
Please note: Since we offer volume discounts, we cannot accept returns on bulk orders.
Frequently Asked Questions
If we still haven't answered your question, you can contact us below and we will be happy to assist you.