- The sorghum is composed of starch, soluble sugar and fibre. Sorghum contains SDS (Slow Digestible Starch) in good amounts. SDS has a functional property which prolongs digestion and absorption of carbohydrates in the intestine. SDS is favourable for dietary management and for metabolic disorders such as hyperlipidaemia and diabetes.
- Sorghum also has a good amount of dietary fibre and plays the role of bulking agent, binding agent of cholesterol, increases transit time and retards carbohydrate absorption. The high fibre also has significant positive effect on preventing and managing disease like constipation, irritable bowel syndrome and obesity.
- Sorghum is a good source of B vitamins except Vit B 12. Good amount of Vit E and K are found.
- Sorghum is gluten free.
- Sorghum grain though low in Vit C, is increased by the sprouting process. This along with good amount of flavinoids makes it a potent antioxidant.
- Sorghum contains good amount of magnesium, zinc and iron.
- Unfortunately, amino acids cannot withstand high temp and most often lost. It is better to consume low cooked form hence our precooked flours are made following this principle.
- Rich in Vit E & Vit K
- Helps in weight loss
- Rich in Magnesium, Zinc & Iron
- Gluten free
Nutritional Info:- Serving size 20 g
- Energy Kcal 78.00
- Proteins g 1.87
- Carbohydrate g 1.27
- Sugar g NIL
- Fat g 0.61
- Cholestrol mg < 1.0
- Vitamin A IU
- Iron mg
Serving Suggestions: -
- Add one teaspoon to ready soup or porridge for a complete meal.
- Can be added to smoothies
- Can be added to dosa batter
- Mix one teaspoon of the flour in warm water add boiled vegetables & spices
Ingredients: Sorghum (Jowar)
100% Secure Transactions
Your payment information is processed 100% securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
We Plant Trees with Proceeds from your Order!